The main steps in applying for a visa
Swazi residents require a visa to enter the Schengen territory, i.e. Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuanian, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
• If you intend to visit only one Schengen country, you must apply at the Embassy or Consulate of that country.
• If you intend to visit several Schengen countries, you must apply for a visa at the Embassy or Consulate of the country that is your main destination/ longest stay.
• If you intend to visit several countries but do not have a main destination, you should apply for a visa at the Embassy or Consulate of the country of your first point of entry.
• Handling time for visa application is maximum 14 calendar days.
• In order to enter French soil, foreigners must be in possession of all the required documents regarding the purpose of the visit, the means of support. Persons holding an ordinary passport must also be in possession of a visa, regardless of the duration of the stay and of the destination (continental and overseas French territories).
• The French Consulate in Mozambique represents Sweden for short stay visa applications only, applying for students visas must lodge their application at the nearest Swedish representation in order to apply for a long stay visa fitting their purpose.
Visa application form (you can print out this document and fill it out before coming to the consulate)
• Medical insurance and repatriation to Swaziland, should be valid for all Schengen States and the complete duration of the intended stay and it should be covering the traveller for a minimum of 30.000 euros.
• Passport : must be valid at least 3 months after expiration of your schengen visa.
• Application form - to be fully filled in on both sides, and signed.
• background Photograph - 2 per person (SIZE 3,5x4,5 cm), face on a plain light.
• Covering letter from your employer.
• Last 3 salaries slip and original contract of employment.
• Invitation letter with full details - if you are going to attend a seminar, training course, etc....
• Attestation d’Accueil - (Proof of Accommodation) if you are going to visit friends, family, etc... This official document is delivered by a town hall in France to the person who is inviting you.
• Financial means : Personal bank statement (for the last three months) with the cover letter form your bank.
• More information and proof or documents could be required.
You are requested to pay 80€ for the costs of file. This payment does not guarantee automatic issuance of the visa. Payment must be made in Mozambican Metical only.
The multi-year “passeport talent” residence permit was created to help foreign employees and self-employed persons develop France’s economic attractiveness. Your employment contract and your stay in France must exceed three months. It will allow you to stay for a maximum of four years commencing on the date of your arrival in France.
Your family members may also accompany you and will be issued with multi-year residence permits. This permit will authorise your spouse and any children entering into their 18th year to work. In the three months following your arrival in France, you and your family must visit your local police station in France to request a multi-year residence permit corresponding to your situation.
Don’t hesitate to check all categories of Passeport talent on France-Visas website and to talk about it around you !
- Application for Schengen visa
- (PDF - 98.5 ko)
- Long-stay visa apllication form
- (PDF - 34 ko)
- Required documents
- (PDF - 316.1 ko)
Tél (+258) 21 48 46 00
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org